[HCDX] A Milestone in MW DXing: Perseus SDR Receiver can now Record/Playback Entire MW Band

[HCDX] A Milestone in MW DXing: Perseus SDR Receiver can now Record/Playback Entire MW Band

Recently I've had the pleasure of using a preliminary copy of a soon to be
released software version for the Perseus SDR receiver. The major new
feature in this version of Perseus is it's ability to record and play back a
full, uninterrupted swath of 1600 kHz of spectrum (anywhere in the
receiver's 10 kHz - 30 MHz range).

For MW DXers in particular, this is quite a first. The entire medium wave
band (including longwave from 100 kHz upwards if desired) can be stored on a
PC's hard drive for DXing, analysis, and listening later. Because Perseus is
a "direct sampling" receiver,  an exact representation of the entire band is
stored in digitized form. The DXer can "rewind" the band over and over,
using any combination of modes, filter bandwidths, AGC settings, notch,
passband tuning, etc. as much as desired to catch the DX that this
innovative receiver has captured and archived with the help of computer
technology.

Details on this advancement in the hobby can be found on my blog:

http://perseus-sdr.blogspot.com/2008/09/first-look-perseus-version-11c-deliv
ers.html

73,

Guy Atkins