[HCDX] Logs 6/7 October for Al Muick

QTH:  Kabul Afghanistan
RX:  WinRadio G303e
Ant:  100m longwire

6030  UNID, Unid. station at 1659 with time pips and OM talking straight
through on Oct.6.  Into some talk but at 1704 into ME-style pop music and
then a bizarre twist.  Signal got stronger and at 1707 there was a male
chorus singing ME-style mx acapella with almost a military march cadence.
This trend continued at 1711 with a female chorus singing the same chant,
acapella, over and over.  Another piece of male chorus music at 1715, into
some flute mx and singing by YL at 1718 and a man spoke in ?? (couldn't ID
the language).  At 1720 a new piece of mx started and then OM/YL chatter.
This continued up to abrupt s/off at 1748.  This chase started as a hunt for
Radio Maranatha from Kyrgyzstan as an attempt to verify a logging for Mauno
Ritola.  BBC Arabic is supposed to be here at this time, and Radio Oromiya
from Ethiopia as well.  EIBI has R. Maranatha 1700-1900 in Farsi.  I'm out
of ideas...can anyone shed some light on this?  You'll be single-handedly
responsible for postponing my impending brain aneurism for at least another
week, LOL.

6035  BHUTAN, BBS  What a great way to start the day!  Dragged myself out of
bed at 0000 on Oct. 7 and started to check on 6030 above, when I  noticed
the signal on 6035.  BBS was there and a fair level with prayer chanting,
but getting some QRM from unid. station underneath and the house generator
spur on 6032.  Chanting ended at 0018 and there was some talk in Dzongkha
into some traditional mx with flutes, then a piece of pop music that almost
sounded like upbeat trad. mx.  They took a huge hit from the carrier on 6025
at 0039, but still strong and at 0032, talk by a man in Dzongkha, positive
station ID, into horn-nlowing and talk.  Just to confirm this whole thing, I
went to their website, www.bbs.com.bt and took the live stream for a few
seconds and it was // to what I was hearing on 6035.

15140  OMAN, R. Sultanate of Oman, heard with fair sigs at 1400 on Oct.6.
Started off with Arabic news into EG R&B mx.  Audio died around 1409 and
left dead air until tx'er was shut off at 1425, reappeared at 1427 and audio
back at 1429 in time for cool chimes and bell IS, Three Stooges-style
national anthem, ID and news by YL in EG.  Went to their website and the
shortwave schedule is still from 2004!

"Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of
men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without
constraint."
 - Alexander Hamilton

Order your WRTH 2008: