[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 7 October 2008

QTH: Kabul Afghanistan
RX:  WinRadio G303e
Ant: 100m longwire

Very poor DX night due to nighttime work on a neighbor's house with a
generator and power tools which are apparently made from old spark gap
transmitters.  This produced some of the most interesting noise patterns
I've seen since my crypto days with the Army! :-(

12005 TUNISIA RTT Tunis heard at 1702 in AR on Oct. 7 with station IDs, AR
music and talk between OM and YL show host.  Some telephone interviews
including one at 1726 with some guy who was rapping in Arabic.  I see now
that this degenerate form of poetry has invaded the world of Islam as well.
Booming signals - supposedly 500kW - but some slow deep fades made me rate
is only fair overall.

73s de Al Muick

"Those who have been once intoxicated with power, and have derived any
kind of emolument from it, even though for but one year, can never
willingly abandon it."
 - Edmund Burke

Order your WRTH 2008: