[HCDX] MW logs from this evening

555 ST KITTS AND NEVIS,   ZIZ, Basseterre OCT 24 0304 UTC+++ - with reggae music and Caribbean-accented announcer with rhythmic chatter during the reggae segment with TALKOVER effect. Up and down, but fair-good on peaks and quite easily listenable with very slow fadings. As I write this, it has faded down. (Chiochiu-QC)

760 COLOMBIA,   HJAJ, RCN Cadena Basíca, Barranquilla OCT 24 0245 UTC - with a men and a woman talking about the developpement of true Colombian salsa music which is authentic and has a fairly different set of typical melodies and harmonies than "foreign" salsa music. They begun to play a fairly uninspired (to me) salsa tune) when they faded out to be replaced by weak residual WJR which was nulled out with the Sanyo MCD-S830 barefoot perpendicular to the N-S. (Chiochiu-QC) Bogdan's note: some of the objectivaly and artistically most prided salsa dura comes from the city of Cali. I wish I didn't had 990 as an adjacent-channel obstacle to 980 RCN, which would be in // with 1000 Cartagena and 760 Barranquilla.

Well, it's been quite some time since I've last heard from ZIZ-555 with such a "beautifool" signal...

Bogdan Chiochiu using his trusty Sanyo MCD-S830 receiver barefoot.

I'm looking forward buying an antenna to enhance reception in the 800s and 900s where a lot of my favorite Latin American targets are during auroras. Still tried of listening to the same 1 or 2 TAs, such as Spain-585 which is difficult to follow. Even when they are very strong, they sound a tiny bit "muffed".

On october 23rd, 19 years ago, back in 1989, Aventure FM went off the air for good to be replaced by MaXXimum. Anyone has any recorded broadcast or "airchecks" from the BEST RADIO STATION IN THE WORLD ?

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan in Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island, Quebec, Canada)

Order your WRTH 2008: