[DX] RE: [DX] vs: luhvareista vielä

Tässä Capo Regimen (Play Dx-staff) vastaus RV:n kysymykseen.
Käy Risto tsiigaamassa JMS:n antama linkki.
Mielenkiintoista luettavaa..:)

-HPI-
--------------------------------
This was the question :
-What about Mr B Gornati, mentioned several times in Play-DX nr 997, as a
world around travellor? Hong Kong, Turkey, USA, Australia etc... He is of
the same
-caliber- as Bellabarba or is it just a joke?-

Comment about Mr. B. Gornati - November 05, 1998 - from Play DX staff :

I'd like to make something else very clear. What I've just told you about
Bellabarba and how Dario prefers to alter a little bit his contributions to
Play Dx should
NOT in any way be extended to Beppe Gornati, another long time contributor
and a -hard traveller- Dx-er. Beppe is employed by a pharmaceutical company
which
sends him all over the world, mostly in exotic countries and towns. Being a
passionate listener, Beppe TRULY and FAITHFULLY logs a lot of radio stations
on his
way and dutifully sends his reports once he's back to Italy. Mind you,
that's not a practice I'm much keen about, meaning that I love to listen to
local stations while
travelling but I don't give - please escuse - a damn for QSLing'em; I've
stopped sending reception reports all the way, even to real dx. But what
Beppe's doing is
perfectly legitimate and a well established behaviour among dx-ers at large.
And in his case he DOES really log all those stations because he's REALLY
there
(Bellabarba doesn't leave his kitchen chair except when he has to pee). Once
again, Beppe's gathering informations which could prove beneficial to all of
us and
while I personally wouldn't collect QSL that way, there's nothing wrong or
suspect in what he's doing! Thank you for your kind attention and please
forgive my
writing you every other day on these marginal topics. I just owed it to
Beppe Gornati. ..... No, Beppe is a genuine traveller, we all can vouch for
him. He's employed
by a pharmaceutical company and you should have a look at his photo album.
The least exotic place he travels to is Dushambe. I, for one, wouldn't
collect QSL that
way, but he DOES log his stations locally and sends his reports once back to
home, clearly explaining that his receptions are NOT dx.