[DX] Kivoja kusilleja, osa 2

Tervehdys!

Jatketaan sarjaa 'kivoja kusilleja', kun niitä nyt on alkanut tulemaan helmikuisen Lapinpeditionin jälkeen.

WITY Danville, IL 980 ilahdutti tänä aamuna oheisella mukavalla meilillä. Tosiasiassa asemaa on kuultu Suomessa
muutamia kertoja, mutta eniten tässä lämmittää se, että aseman toimitusjohtaja innostui faksaamaan raportin
aseman omistajalle! Eli kyllä raporteista jaksetaan ilahtua, ainakin toisinaan.

73
Jim

***************

Jim:

I am the owner of Station WITY 980, whose general manager, Dave Brown,
has faxed me your letter of February 16, describing your February 8
listening experience.

Although we have received similar letters from listeners as far away as
Eastern Canada, you are our first recorded European listener.
Globalization has arrived at WITY. I hope that you enjoyed our music
format!

WITY is a 24-hour-per day, one kilowatt station utilizing a three-tower
directional antenna, with its maximum lobe oriented 355 degrees; Your
reception must have been from the northeastern edge of that lobe -- an
"over-the-pole" shot.  Unfortunately, not many of our potential
listeners have access to 1000-meter antennas.

You indicate that you are managing director of a marketing research
firm.  Any suggestions which you might make on how we should market our
new Finnish audience to advertisers in Central Illinois would be warmly
appreciated!

Thanks for your letter -- and keep on listening to WITY!

Sincerely,
Don Ward