[DX] WRTH-tilaukset Amazonin kautta

Amazonin ja WRTH:n kustantajan yhteistyö ei ole sujunut ongelmitta,
luultavasti siksi WRTH-tilaukset Amazonin kautta ovat viivästyneet. Alla
koko tarina.

73
Mika

--------------

On January 6 I learned that Amazon still had not delivered the new WRTH
2003 to those who had ordered it via DXing.info (or via any other way).
I started investigating, and was in touch with Amazon several times.
Amazon began an inquiry, and got in touch with the publisher of WRTH.

It turned out that Amazon had listed a wrong ISBN number for the book.
Amazon called it a "mix up" - the new WRTH had eventually been published
under a different ISBN than originally registered by Amazon, which is at
least partly to blame for the delay.

A couple of days ago Amazon told me that because all existing orders
were placed under a wrong ISBN, they would inform their customers
shortly about the problem. Now they have done that. All orders have been
cancelled and Amazon is inviting everyone to place a new order with the
correct ISBN. It took some time to fix the info on the Amazon website,
but now also that has been updated.

You can still place an order for the WRTH 2003 at
http://www.dxing.info/shop or directly by clicking at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059677/dxinginfo-20 - here
you can get 30% off the normal price, but to get free shipping, you need
to order something more as well, so it makes sense if two DXers decide
to make a joint purchase.

I wish I had been able to alert Amazon about their problem earlier, but
hopefully all of us will now be getting our books soon. While waiting
for the new orders to be processed, you may be interested in a review of
the WRTH 2003 written by Bob Padula, available at
http://www.dxing.info/shop/review_wrth2003.dx - "this edition of the
WRTH is very good", Bob summarizes.