[DX] HBS RADIO

Viikonloppuja,

Tässä perjantailta kiva vastaus, kyseessä on Hospital Broadcasting Sheffield taajuudelta 52,875 MHz.

73
Jim

*****

Hi Jim
On behalf of the members of Hospital Brodcasting Sheffield - HBS Radio, I would like to thank you for your most unexpected letter all the way from Finland. I can confirm that you did hear our service, as stated in your letter.

The frequency you found us on is our link transmitter which we use to tranfer our output across the city from the Royal Hallamshire Hospital coplex, to the Northern General Complex.  A distance of aound 6 Km.  So as I'm sure you expected, we were very surprised by your reception report.

Our Link Transmitter is situated on the roof of the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, about 20 floors up, and about 1.5 Km from the main Sheffield FM Radio and TV relay transmitter at Tapton Hill/Crosspool.  HBS Radio is a cable Radio service to the 1800 hospital bedsides, in Sheffield's 3 Adult Hospitals (the third being Weston Park Hospital, next door to the R.H.H.).  We brodacst 24 hours a day using computer automation, with our volunteer (unpaid) staff providing "Live" programmes in the evenings and at weekends.

Currently the bedside cable network is being upgraded to digital technology, and we hope to change to a stereo link at sometime in the near future.  We are also negotiating with the Radio Authority to obtain a Low Powered AM transmitter to serve the Northern General complex, as this is a large site with many other facitlities and staff, who would like to be able to hear our service.

I hope that I have provided you woth some useful information about ourselves. If you would like to know anything else, please drop me a line.

Pete Brettle
Programme Co-ordinator
HBS Radio