Re: Administrivia

This message is sent by grenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Renner)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

You wrote:

>This message is sent by drputnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>Comments quoted from two recent posts:
>
>"Sorry, but I do not consider this logging "hard.core", and I know you
do not
>either. Will you actually launch all contributions to this list, or
are you
>editing and filtering the material?"
>
>"The list is relayed list at the moment, so it is not moderated. I
hope
>everyone does "self moderation", ie. consider what is hard core and
>what is not. If this don't work, we may consider making the list
>as moderated list."
>
>To help this list get started in the right direction, do we need to
clarify the
>definition of hard-core-dxing in the faq?  I could interpret daylight
reception
>of PNG at ECNA as weak, and also as "information about .. latest
conditions."

>It might be interesting to hear people's expectations of this list,
above and
>beyond Q1 and Q2 of the FAQ.  We may not be able to come to agreement,
but at
>least then we'll understand each other.
>
>--
>Don Putnick
>drputnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>--
>Redistribution of the material is not allowed without permission of
>original poster or Kotanet Communications Ltd. Contributions to the
>list are very welcome to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>For more information about hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email to
>owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>--

Hard-core-DX is going to vary quite a bit from place to place.  I have
seen some MW logs on here from U.S. east coast DXers that would be
nearly impossible here in the midwest U.S.  What may be hard core here
in Minnesota may be an easy catch elsewhere.  If and when I post logs I
will post what I consider hard core for my location.  I am primarily a
tropical band dxer living in a suburban location.  Some of the South
Americans I get are tough by my standards but not tough for someone in
say Florida.
If this list tries to limit itself to R. Nibi Nibi at 1/10 of a watt
and using a whip transmitter antenna the loggings will be few and far
between.  I would like to see more of a Fine Tuning approach which is a
bit more location oriented and deals with DX that while maybe not
hardcore is tough for that area or rarely heard or heard at an unusual
time of the day.

My 2 cents worth

Greg Renner
Secretary of the Minnesota DX Club