Re: Administrivia

This message is sent by "Lowe Technical Services, USA" <loweusa@xxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> This message is sent by "Byron L. Hicks" <blhicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> I'm a bit confused.  Why is PNG in daylight on the East Coast of the US,
> considered weak dx?  In the west coast US I have to fight to receive PNG,
> and I have a pretty good setup.

I posted that so I'll take it upon myself to answer your question.
Here in ECNA, PNG's and Indos are quite a challenge.  Back in about
1988, myself, Dr. Harold Cones and Roland Archer and I were the ones
to ferret out and prove out the ECNA path from PNG and Irian Jaya.
Indeed, we co-authored an article in the first issue of Fine Tunings
_Proceedings_ on that very subject.

Having said that, let me add that being able to hear a 90 or 60MB
station an hour after sunrise is a bit on an anomoly.  I still don't
have a resason with which I am confident which explains it.  It seems
to be restricted to PNG's and a very few Indos (mostly stations in
Irian Jaya).

I make such posts to provoke though and discussion on the matter as
well as point to other reception possibilities that could be
considered by others.

The 4.890 PNG outlet is no great difficulty here but daylight
reception does point toward enhanced band conditions.  Knowledge of
these band conditions may cause others such as yourself to take
advantage of them to try for other, more difficult targets.

Lowe Technical Services, USA
Chuck Rippel
(804) 340-0109

E-Mail: loweusa@xxxxxxxx