Re: rules

This message is sent by grenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Renner )
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

You wrote:

>This message is sent by Al Quaglieri <alcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>I find the concept of excluding non-contributors unnecessarily
elitist. I
>can understand why you'd want to keep the indicence of non-dx chitchat
>absolute minimums, but to exclude lurkers serves no useful purpose
other
>than making ourselves feel somehow beknighted or special.
>
>I've been online since 1987, and can state with some certainty that
there
>will always be those who will read and never post. That's just the way

>they are, and you won't change that with rules or regulations. It
costs
>us nothing to appear in their mailboxes, and they might learn
something
>useful in the process.
>
>There are those who believe that a club just isn't a club until it
>figures out a way to exclude certain people from joining. I am against

>anything that contributes to "hoarding" of DX information.
>

>Al Quaglieri
>--

Al

I couldn't agree with you more.  "Elitist" was exactly the word I was
thinking of when I read the initial messages on this topic.  The owner
of this list needs to make up his mind on who is to be here and what
"hard-core DX" is.  Is it MW only since that is said to be most
difficult, which I do not agree with.  This is a hobby and IMO it is
the job of hobbyists to promote the hobby not exclude others from
learning.  This will be a very lonely list if you go ahead with the
rules as suggested.

Greg Renner
Secretary of the Minnesota DX Club

--