rules

This message is sent by Al Quaglieri <alcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

I find the concept of excluding non-contributors unnecessarily elitist. I
can understand why you'd want to keep the indicence of non-dx chitchat to
absolute minimums, but to exclude lurkers serves no useful purpose other
than making ourselves feel somehow beknighted or special.

I've been online since 1987, and can state with some certainty that there
will always be those who will read and never post. That's just the way
they are, and you won't change that with rules or regulations. It costs
us nothing to appear in their mailboxes, and they might learn something
useful in the process.

There are those who believe that a club just isn't a club until it
figures out a way to exclude certain people from joining. I am against
anything that contributes to "hoarding" of DX information.

Al Quaglieri
--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx