Verie-signers for North American AM stations

Verie-signers for North American AM stations

This message is sent by Mika Makelainen <mtm@xxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Recently I've received a number of QSLs from North American AM stations.
Here are the three most interesting ones:

840 kHz   CHUR North Bay ON replied with an e-mail QSL - the first such
verification for me. V/s Randy Pike, who works as the afternoon news &
sports anchor as well as assignment editor. His (personal?)
e-mail-address is: piker@xxxxxxxxxxxx  If you don't have CHUR yet, be
sure to log it soon, because they plan to move to FM on November 1st.

1580 kHz WCNB Connersville IN replied with a letter, a recorded letter and
a T-shirt v/s Mike Peacock, Chief Engineer. According to him, they were
using a reduced power of 4.6 watts (yes, four point six) when I picked
them up. This is probably the lowest power station from North America ever
heard in Finland - I picked up WCNB last January during a DXpedition to
Lapland, Northern Finland. WCNB (used to be WIFE until Oct. 31st 1994)
simulcasts the programming of WIFE "Hitkicker 100" on 100.3 MHz. Call
letters were swapped a year ago.

1590 kHz WVNA Tuscumbia AL replied with bumper stickers and a letter v/s
Joe Douglas, DJ. This was the first station from Alabama to be heard in
Finland, and according to the v/s, the most distant reception ever for
their station. WVNA was heard during the same DXpedition as WCNB.

If you need further information about these stations, contact me by e-mail.

73ïs

|             Mika Makelainen      |     snail: Keihastie 14 C,               |
|             mtm@xxxxxxxxx        |            FIN-01280 Vantaa, Finland     |

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx