Re: CKFX

This message is sent by salmaniw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Walter Salmaniw)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>This message is sent by rnewell@xxxxxxxxxxx (r.colin newell)
>to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>CKFX ran for years w/ ten watts  and I always wondered why ...
>
>Does anyone have a reasonable explanation why an AM station
>would have a QRP-flea power station on the air such as this ?
>

>From what I recall, I believe it was run as a service to fisherman along the
coast, but I must admit that the AM signals are well heard all the way to
the north coast, so maybe this explanation doesn't hold water.  By the way,
I remember CKFX being fairly easilly heard during the day, but impossible at
night, also here in Victoria.

  Volodya (Walter) Salmaniw, salmaniw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    from beautiful Victoria, B.C., Canada.

--