Re: Christian Voice - Zambia

This message is sent by Arild Skalmeraas <arild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Daniel A. Robinson wrote:

> This message is sent by "Daniel A. Robinson" <voabkk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> I received the same -- a wonderful way to get QSLs, except it leaves open
> the question of whether they actually have real QSLs the would send out.
> It is one thing to print out a copy of the internet note and quite
> another thing to get a custom QSL in the mail -- but then perhaps those
> days are long over!

Christian Voice still has "real" QSLs. I received a QSL-letter from them
for a July reception report. The letter was mailed from their London
headquarter even though my report was sent to their Private Mailbag
address in Lusaka. The letter, by the way, was exactly the same as Daniel
and Giovanni received by e-mail (except that it was a WRITTEN one of
course...)

If you want to have a "real" QSL from them, you'll probably have to
explicitly say so when sending a reception report especially if you send
your report by electronic mail.

Apart from Christian Voice, a few other stations also verify reports with
an electronic QSL via e-mail. To my knowledge, VOA, Christian Science
Monitor and WRMI/Radio Copan Int. does this for reports sent to them by
electronic mail. There are probably other stations doing the same too.

73s

Arild Skalmeraas
Steinkjer
Norway