Re: WCDY 1480kHz ?

This message is sent by Risto Kotalampi <rko>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Pentti.Lintujarvi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The FCC Frequency Database (from October -95) lists WZRC New York with 5
> kilowatts at nights.  This has been never been heard in Finland, as far
> as I know, which is not to be expected for a 5 kw New York station on a
> 'free' channel.  So I would suggest it hasn't been on air yet.  And so
> this could account to the 'new station'.

I was in New York a week ago and listened to AM band in JFK airport.
I heard a strong station in Korean/Japanese on 1480 kHz. It might have been
WZRC. I really think that Jouni heard WTDY... it is so close to WCDY.

Risto Kotalampi
(in Atlanta at the moment)

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx