MW logs from Newfoundland

This message is sent by Jean Burnell <jburnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

THANKS to Andrea Lowendel/Mauricio Molano (Hard-Core DX) for the alert regarding
the Spanish elections ... I managed to get regional ID's on four Spanish Radio 5
outlets, two of which were "new" for me.  Also, I finally snagged one of the
HCJB tests: so far Rich McVicar says that I'm the only one who has reported
reception of this test to him....Didn't anyone else hear it?? Jean
_____________

Jean Burnell   Drake R8A w/ 20-meter random wire through Connelly MWT-2
(jburnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

DATE and times are UTC.

Trans-Atlantic

1017	SPAIN  RNE Radio 5, Burgos, MAR 3  2338-2345 - Regional election results
over the German; the major SS stn had results for Castilla y Leon and a speech
by the leader of the Partida Popular in Catilla y Leon; full net programming at
2345; SIO 333

1107	SPAIN  RNE Radio 5, Ca'ceres, MAR 3  2130-2140 - Election results from a
number of Radio Cinco stns each w/ different regional results, one stn briefly
dominant at 2134 Ided as "Radio Nacional de Espan~a en Extramadura", full net
programming resumed at 2140; SIO 322

1107	SPAIN  RNE Radio 5, Santander, MAR 3  2330-2334 - "Radio Nacional de
Espan~a en Cantabria" regional ID was fairly clear, but the Ca'ceres faded up to
severely QRM; SIO 332

1125	SPAIN  RNE Radio 5, Toledo, MAR 3  2228-2248 - Was supposed to go to
regional results at 2230, but a victory speech by a member of the Partida
Popular was carried by the full net until 2237, then the delayed regional break
(2237-2247) revealed at least 3 RNE outlets of comparable strengths: the only
one IDable was from Castilla-La Mancha; SIO 322

Pan-American

690	ECUADOR  HCJB1, Quito, MAR 3  0601-0615 - Only some code from the HCJB
DX test was discerned, but it was sufficient for Rich McVicar to confirm by
E-mail that it was indeed them; under CBF and a rel stn in EE that I think was
Anguilla. Many thanks, Rich!!

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx