QSLs for 20276 etc. re-transmissions

This message is sent by kuhl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Harald Kuhl)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi QSL gang somewhere out there:

Today (April 13th) I found a QSL letter from Buenos Aires FM station Feeling
FM in my P.O. Box. It is for a reception report I have sent them 6 weeks ago
for a reception of a re-transmission on 20276 kHz. Since I suspected that
they are not aware of this additional outlet, I included a tape recording
with my report (making postage costs really high), in order to proove
authencity of my reception. In the letter I received now, they indeed write
that they don_t know anything about 20276 and that it has not been
authorized by them.

I have the feeling that this is true for all the Argentine FM stations that
can be heard at times on 20276 and these other strange s.w. channels. So, if
you are willing to invest in QSLing these stations, you should consider to
send them a tape recording of the program you heard. Otherwise your chances
for getting any reply at all are far from being good. They just will not
believe that you have heard them. It is exactly the same situation as it was
with 15780/15770 kHz some years back. By the way: that channel still seems
to be active (at least during weekends), but a fax signal most of the time
blocks that channel over here. But I heard that channel still being active
late last year in Ecuador.

By the way: the transmissions on 20276 are not limited to the weekends.
According to my observations during the past months, whenever the channel is
not used for military SSB or phone patch-type traffic, you have a chance to
listen to one of the FM stations of Argentina (Buenos Aires area). If
conditions are good, even during the late morning (UTC).

There is the news going on that LRA36 plans to reactivate their 19m channel.
Good news. But I have heard this promise several times during the past
years. They are still inactive. But let us hope that this time...

Good luck & vy73
Harald

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx