Norwegian Beacon LN2A

This message is sent by DD9MW@xxxxxxx
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Martin Elbe
Wolfsburg, Germany

Hi,
I received a nice QSL from the norwegian beacon LN2A. As you can see from the
attached e-mail, they are interested in receiving reports. They operate on
5470, 7870, 10407, 14405 and 20945 kHz. Each frequency is used for 4 minutes,
thus one complete cycle takes 20 minutes.

Located on Sveio, using 1 kW into a 5 band trap vertical, mode is 850 Hz AFSK
on USB plus CW IDs. Good Luck!

73's
Martin

From:	Ayumu.Ohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ayumu Ohta)
To:	DD9MW@xxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Elbe.

Thank you very much for your report. The QSL card is on the way to you now!

LN2A is a radio beacon for  the ITU's "HF field strength measurement
campaign".
Your reception report is a valuable data to us, because we are planning to
install numbers og automatic RX system arround the world.

Please tell your SWL friends about our transmission and send us a report. All
correct reports will be answered by QSL cards(IRC is not necessary).

More details of our transmission and signal codes may be found in ITU's Web
sight, html://www.itu.ch.

Yours sincerely

Ayumu Ohta/LA8CIA

--