Couple of items

This message is sent by Risto Kotalampi <rko>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

					Tampere, May 24th, 1996

Hi!

1) Some of you might have noted some strange duplicate messages on
   the list. Reason for this for one subscriber from France who
   bounced all the mails he received back to the list. So there was
   a loop in emails. Yesterday I wondered what is going on when my
   host's load suddenly went up - there was 15 bounces waiting and
   those all came to spool in couple of seconds... and you can imagine
   what this would mean in longer term... looping emails.

   I have now removed this address from the list but also made list
   moderated for a while to see if there still is some emails in the
   loop or if this was a planned attack against our mailing list.
   So this means there will be longer delays in emails... but I guess
   that is better than fill your mailboxes with garbage.

2) Anybody in San Francisco area? I am coming there on May 30th and
   will stay in Hayward until June 24th. So anybody want to meet me?
   Last time when I was in States in January I had nice time with
   some of you guys. Please email me if you are interested.

3) I have been thinking of how to get some money back from the list.
   You know... this is quite an expensive to sponsor this list because
   I have to pay a lot about my connection to T1 and Internet. We talked
   about having a fee to subscribe Hard-Core-DX but it is rather
   difficult to implement. But what about another solution: commercials
   on the list? That would mean that some advertizers could use the
   list and tell about their products to you. Those could be receiver
   manufactures or anything else close to our hobby. Of course that
   wouldn't mean big flood but some advertisments every now and then.

Yours,

Risto Kotalampi
Kotanet Communications Ltd
--