Re: Couple of items

This message is sent by robert colin newell <rnewell@xxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Risto Kotalampi wrote:

> 3) I have been thinking of how to get some money back from the list.
>    You know... this is quite an expensive to sponsor this list because
>    I have to pay a lot about my connection to T1 and Internet. We talked
>    about having a fee to subscribe Hard-Core-DX but it is rather
>    difficult to implement. But what about another solution: commercials
>    on the list? That would mean that some advertizers could use the
>    list and tell about their products to you. Those could be receiver
>    manufactures or anything else close to our hobby. Of course that
>    wouldn't mean big flood but some advertisments every now and then.

My apologies to Don Moore for my too strong reply.

But seriously, do anyone have any strong feelings about
this issue ??

My general feelings remain : Since when does one not
only have to pay for internet access , but also for the

ability to read some lists and discussion groups ??

Seems a tad crass..

More feedback and discussion would be appreciated..

http://www.octonet.com/~coffee/
http://espresso.ts.uvic.ca
http://nether.net/~cnewell/
--