Re: 5985 kHz

This message is sent by lawendel@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andrea Lawendel)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>Middle of night? I think to catch a Mexican in Europe that time is
>quite an impossible. It is only afternoon in Mexico and full daylight.
>
>Risto

While I strongly agree with Michiel re all those alleged loggings of XERMX
on 5985 (and, Miki, you've got authority enough to feel a bit skeptical),
much of your well made point about Mexico being quite hard at an early time
in Europe depends on what one means with "middle of the night"... and not
all of Mexico lieas so further west. If I'm not mistaken, Universidad
Merida on, of all frequencies, a very low 1390 kHz, has been logged, even
in Italy, around 0100 UTC or earlier. After all Merida it's not that far
from the westernmost part of Cuba. The same is true for WOAI in San
Antonio, which was not uncommon during local sunset. Educacion on 6185 kHz,
on the other hand, has been heard as late as around 0600 UTC or after, in
winter, even at our "African" latitude.

Andy Lawendel, Play DX Milan

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx