Re: 5985 kHz

This message is sent by mschaay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michiel Schaay)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi guys,

>Middle of night? I think to catch a Mexican in Europe that time is
>quite an impossible. It is only afternoon in Mexico and full daylight.

OK Risto, I'm sorry I forgot to mention the time. It was in the 02.00 - 02.30
UTC period, that is 20.00 to 20.30 hours Mexican time. That was well after
sunset at the transmitter point, so propagation to Europe would be possible.
Andrea is right: it all depends on what you define as middle of the night. If
that's 00.00 CET, then it would indeed have been daylight in MEX.

Congrats on the ID, Harald ! I thought I was lucky too, until I replayed my tape
the next morning. That's life.

I think we'll all agree that Radio Mexico is not an easy catch. So beware of
possible Radio Prague spurious signals in addition to the regular WYFR
transmission. That was the intention of my original posting.

73's,
Michiel.

          -  Michiel Schaay     (mschaay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)  -
          -  Postbus 139, 3940 AC Doorn, The Netherlands  -
          -  Telefax: +31 343 416244                      -
--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx