Re: Blokhus DXpedition

This is a message from Bruce Portzer <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

A nice set of loggings, Martin.  Here are comments on a couple of the
unids you heard

> 1140    CBI, CFXL or CHRB, WXLZ. We need help on the Alberta station!
>         They never gave their callsign, only IDing as "Throughout
>         southern Alberta, we are 11-40 AM" or "Southern Alberta's family
>         station, AM 11-40". CFXL should leave MW, while CHRB should use
>         that frequency. Did the change happened already??

This is definitely CHRB. CFXL left the frequency several weeks ago, I've
heard CHRB several times here in Seattle with IDs similar to the one you
heard (I´ve never heard them give the call letters either.)

> 3945    Vanuatu, fair around 0840, QRMed by an UNID chinese station
>         IDing in chinese-accented English as "This is the Voice of
>         Reflection". What the heck was that??

I vaguely recall a Korean clandestine station called the Voice of
Reunification operating on or near this frequency, but I don´t have any
details on it.  This might be what you heard (the IDs seem similar).

Hope this helps.  73, Bruce