Re: Virus Alert!

This is a message from jln@xxxxxx (Jari Lehtinen)

>This is a message from "Sonny M. Ashimori" <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>>If anyone receives an e-mail entitled "Penpal Greetings" delete it
>>immediately WITHOUT reading it.  This message appears to be a friendly
>>letter asking you if you are interested in a penpal, but by the time you
>>finish reading the message, the dangerous "trojan horse" virus will already
>>have infected the boot sector of your hard drive, destroying all the data
>>present.  It is a self-replicating virus, and once the message is read it
>>will AUTOMATICALLY forward itself to anyone who's e-mail is present in your
>>mailbox!  This virus will destroy your hard drive and holds the potential to
>>destroy the hard drive of anyone whose e-mail is in your inbox and whose
>>mail is in their inbox, and so on and so on . . .  Obviously this virus has
>>the potential to do a great deal of damage to computer networks worldwide.
>>Please delete th message entitled "penpal Greetings" as soon as you see it!
>>Pass this message along to computer user friends and relatives.

Thank you for you care, Sonny. However, I would like to ask our expert RKO,
Can it be true that a computer virus can spread in a TEXT FILE? Shouldn't
it be .exe .com or .bat file instead?
Someone (might have been guru Petteri Järvinen) told on TV that regular
text e-mail can not carry any virus.

73's de JLN

Information is not knowledge______________________Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth..|        Tekno-Kekko           |.Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love...|     Jari E.S.Lehtinen        |...Love is not music
.....................|         jln@xxxxxx           |...Music is THE BEST
Frank Zappa..........|______www.sci.fi/~jln_________|.........(1940-1993)