Re: Virus Alert!

This is a message from "Jens Sondergaard" <sndgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 15 Feb 97 at 2:16, Sonny M. Ashimori wrote to Hard-Core-DX List:

> Dear List Friends,
>
> Ie received this message from a friend who is a network SysOp (a Mac only
> group) today, and I wanted to share it with you.
>
> >If anyone receives an e-mail entitled "Penpal Greetings"

oh! no! - not again!!!

GOOD TIMES, PENPAL GREETINGS and DEYENDA...

Let me nail down at once: Theses are not viruses - but jokes.
The only virus that appears, are those millions of e-mails that
the fear for the above mentioned had generated.

My advise, stop this misguided effort to warn others of
a "non-existent" threat, by sending "Virus Alert's" to
friends/newsgroups/mailing lists etc.

Panic over unfounded rumors causes another very real
problem -- floods of e-mail warnings that can slow Internet
traffic to a crawl!

...so please only dx-related stuff to this list

OK?

-
Jens Sondergaard - Randers, DENMARK.
<mailto:sndgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

* Receivers used: Collins 51J-4 and JRC NRD-72.
* Antenna used:   30 m. wire

* Member of DSWCI/the Danish Shortwave Club International.