RE: R Free Asia

Funny and unexplained things continue with RFA.
2 April 1605 UTC on 15660 hadf been broadcast a short
announcement over and over again, in English and
in Russian. Nothing else. The great message was
"This is channel three, RFA programme channel three".
I listened to this telephone answering machine for
twenty minutes, and then I decided to leave.

Problems in delivering the programme content, or just
a test transmission? Who knows?

Same thing here:

7460 Radio Free Asia 2250-2300* SINPO: fair; Lang: English/Russian; Continuous loop tape in E/Russian: "This is channel 2, RFA program centre two." Until 2255 when it stopped. Carrier gone at 2300 sharp.

Hans van den Boogert - Taiwan
hansfong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rx: Panasonic RF-B65B + 12 meter wire + ATU
Danish Short Wave Clubs member 3029

<<application/ms-tnef>>