NEWS: Lancs Cricket RSL

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>To: hcdx
>From: Alan Gale <alan.gale@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Lancs Cricket RSL
>

>	The Lancashire Cricket Club RSL station - 'One Six Oh for Two' should be
on air again this coming sunday on 1602 kHz. I have not heard any broadcast
during County Championship games, so it looks like broadcasts take place
during one day matches only. I'm not sure of the broadcast hours, but I
expect it will be either 1000, or 1100 to 1900 UTC (approx.).

>	So far the only dates I've found for Lancashire's remaining AXA Sunday
League games are:

>	Sunday July 20th
>	Sunday August 10th
>	Sunday August 31st
>	Sunday September 7th (or Tuesday September 9th!)
>
>	Lancashire are also playing a special one day challenge match against
Yorkshire (boo!!) ;-) on monday the 21st of July. I don't know if they will
broadcast this game, but I would think that it's the sort of game where
they might well appear. This is a day/night game that is going to be played
under floodlights, and so may provide better chances of reception for
distant listeners. The game should run from around 1430 to 2230 UTC, so
keep an ear out for them on this date too!

>			Good reception,
>

>					Alan.

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from
giving us wordy evidence of the fact."
					-  George Eliot.

  Alan Gale  G4TMV  IO83VP   North-West England. 53:39.3N  2:10.6W.
  Section Editor:     'Beacons & Utes' column - Medium Wave Circle.
    (Covers Utility & Beacons below 3 MHz only!)        Bi-monthly.
  Rx's: Kenwood TS830M, Sony ICF 2001D. Aerials: G5RV, LW/MW Loops.
  Interests:  Maritime, Aero, SAR, Beacons, MW Dxing, RSL Stations.