QSL: Re: Radio Uganda

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
>INTERNET,
>LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL,
>QUESTION.
>For more information, please check http://www.iki.fi/rko/hard-core-dx/
>or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>Back in 1989 my sister in law was living in Kompalla,Uganda.I had many
years of NOT receiving any QSL/Reception report from the good folks at
Radio Uganda.So I decided to send a new repor,as well as a report from my
friend up in Manitowoc,Wisconsin,Sheryl P.the Tropical Band editor for a
fine American Shortwave Magazine,NASWA.I sent the Reports first to my
sister in law in Kompalla,she marched them down to the radio station,and
asked very nicely if they could PLEASE verify the reports...they did,and
sent them that day to our respective 	qths's in Wisconsin.I just
I'd share this with anyone interested.It's one of those Radio stories
that make this hobby so fascinating,and I'm sure others out there have
lots more similar situations>

Yes, I've had similar situations, and many QSLs now reside in my
collection in instances where - after many unanswered reports - a
verification was received by someone actually visiting the station or at
least mailing the reports while visiting a station's native country.

73,

J.D. Stephens
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx