[HCDX]: New Star Broadcasting

Hans van den Boogert wrote:

>Also here in at my location this station has quite unstable reception.
>One day it's booming in, the other hardly audible. If -and it's a big IF -
>these signals are coming from the nearest shortwave site (30 km), then could
>this be explained?

Groundwaves tend to behave somewhat erratic. I suppose this correlates with the
actual geomagnetic figures, but I'm not an expert on propagation theories.
Anyway, I remember when Radio Netherlands' European lunchtime transmission in
English was still coming via their Flevo site, I could sometimes hardly receive
them, while on other occasions they boomed in. Since they use German relay sites
for this transmission, they always boom in :-))

Good luck with your new RX, Hans !

73's,
Michiel.