Re: [HCDX]: Trans-Atlantic MW logs

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:08:50 -0500 (EST) JIMRENFREW@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>I have just heard Croatia 1134 with the strongest, clearest signal
>ever in
>Upstate New York, at 0242, OCT 30 1997.  The parallel transmission on
>1125
>was also noted.  I also noted Virgin Radio 1215 from the UK.  Talk
>Radio UK
>on 1089 was IDed at 0321 for the first time.  I had poor audio on 684
>kHz
>as well, with the loop directed in a more northerly direction than
>usual for
>Spain - perhaps Serbia?  Saudi Arabia 1521 was also heard with the
>usual
>Koranic recitation.  I am located in Rochester, NY on the southern
>shore of
>Lake Ontario.  Equipment is Drake R8, Radio West Loop.  Jim Renfrew,

Jim, I have an R8 also, and a Kiwa Loop.  However, since I purchased the
loop a couple of months ago, I have been frustrated in all attempts to
tune in any of these splits such as you list above.  I do know that, here
in Alabama, reception conditions would most likely be different than at
your location, but I still beleive I should be able to catch a TA split
or two given the qeuipent I have.  Since we have the same receiver an
similar antennas, I would be most interested in info on your "strategy'
(R8 control settings, antena settings, etc.) for tuning these splits.
73,

J.D. Stephens
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx