[HCDX]: TFW 43 3/3

THE FOUR WINDS ON LINE  - Copyright 1997  Part  3
Year  2   Number 43  - Rome,  19 November  1997

----------------------------------
GLEANINGS
----------------------------------

AUSTRALIA- [cf GREECE] Light at first, but on Nov 13 around 1300, the
bubble jamming on RA's 9580 frequency had become heavy, on both LSB and
USB. I think it's pretty obvious all this nonsensical jamming is coming
from Cuba, truly a menace to the short airwaves. What can be done?
Perhaps, lacking an address for the jamming facility, a barrage of
complaints to and boycott of RHC would be in order (Glenn Hauser, OK/
SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997)

BOLIVIA - 9717.1V Radio La Plata "La Voz de la Capital" has celebrated
its 54 anniversary. The station was officially established on November
6, 1943, as the second oldest broadcasting station in Sucre city. The
first transmission was made on shortwave with a home-brewed transmitter
of an output of 1kW, built by Gregorio Donoso, the owner of the station.
Its nominal frequency and authorized frequency is 9715kHz. The shortwave
outlet CP21 is actually operated at 1400-1900 (Monday-Saturday) and
1400-2200 (Sunday) simultaneously with 1250kHz. Currently it is equipped
with "CONTEL" brand transmitter (2kW) purchased in 1970, connected into
a 1/2 wave dipole antenna. Radio La Plata also broadcasts on 1250kHz
medium wave at 1000-0230 (Monday to Saturday) and 1000-2200 (Sunday).
The callsign of medium wave outlet is CP54. The medium wave outlet is
equipped with "Wilkinson Electronics Inc." brand  (maximum power
4kW/minimum 1.8kW) and 1/4 wave vertical antenna (56 m high above the
ground). Canned ID text is "Esta es Radio La Plata, La Voz de la
Capital, desde Sucre, la ciudad de la eterna primavera." QSL card and
letter are occasionally issued for reception report with an attractive
pennant. Send your report to Calle Avaroa 422, Sucre, Departament o de
Chuquisaca, Bolivia. or to Casilla Postal 276, Sucre. (TIN / Relampago
DX 16/11/97)

BRASIL - 3375.0 Radio Educadora de Guajara Mirim; has celebrated its 33
anniversary. The station was founded by catholic church on November 18,
1964. At beginning, the station operated on medium wave on 1260kHz with
"Philips do Brasil" brand transmitter (1kW). Later in 1980, "SNE" brand
transmitter (5kW) was purchased to enlarge its coverage. In 1985, the
shortwave transmission was commenced on the frequency of 3325kHz for the
audience living in rural area. The shortwave outlet is equipped with
"SNE" brand transmitter of 5kW and delta type antenna (44 meters
longitude and 17.5 meters high above the ground). Radio Educadora now
operates also on FM 93.7MHz with 1kW. (TIN / Relampago DX 16/11/97)

CHINA PR- The new CRI schedule distributed by Ashimori  perpetuates at
least one mistake--the Canadian relay on 9560 in English is at 0400 in
summer, 0500 in winter as recently reconfirmed here, tho it tends to be
above the winter MUF; not at both times. CRI closing frequency
announcements are rarely accurate; currently they keep saying "9405"
instead of 7405 for the 1300 and 1400 broadcasts. A revised program
schedule has eliminated the Tuesday repeat at :45 of Sunday's Listeners'
Letterbox (Glenn Hauser, OK/ SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997)

CUBA- As if in response to my previous item, on a subsequent DXers
Unlimited, Arnie Coro confirmed that RHC English to Europe stays at
2030-2130 but the new USB frequency is 13605 instead of 13600 as he said
before. I checked this Nov 11 around 2100 and found it blown away by the
super-splatter Marian monster, WEWN on 13615; and it would still have
been a problem even on 13600. Actually, Arnie never responds directly to
me or mentions me. I suspect I am on the RHC blacklist for being
associated with WWCR. How would the rightwing nuts on
rec.radio.shortwave who think I am a commie explain that? (Glenn Hauser,
OK/ SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997 ) [see also AUSTRALIA,
GREECE]

ECUADOR - 4770.12 Radio Centinela del Sur, Loja; has celebrated its 41
anniversary. The station was founded on November 18, 1956. (TIN /
Relampago DX 16/11/97)

GREECE-  [non]. After clashing more than two weeks with Radio Australia
9580 at 1200-1350, Voice of Greece via Greenville finally moved, found
Nov 11 on 9690 instead, clearing RA except for light LSB bubble jamming
just like RFPI 7385 (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 917/ SHORTWAVE/DX
REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997 ) [see also AUSTRALIA]

INTERNATIONAL WATERS-  [non]. Remarks about the Electra in my Nov
Monitoring Times column provoked calls from Scott Becker and Allan
Weiner on Nov 11, from which I learned: It is an ocean-going tugboat and
quite capable of the voyage to the Caribbean, but will take it easy at
6-8 knots, so the trip to the still secret island will last about two
weeks. It's all finished and ready to go, the latest delay caused by the
need to hire a new pilot, and one has just been signed up. Something
called Frontline International is now identified as funder of the
project, not Lightwave Mission Broadcasting. Weiner no longer expects
that Yesterday USA Network will be carried. There is a single 10 kW SW
transmitter and a smaller one as backup. Antenna is an inverted-V
without much gain, but the seawater will help. Two more SW transmitters
may be added later, and/or AM and FM. Weiner was at Kennebunk, Maine,
where he spends most of his time though he does have a SW application
pending for Monticello, ME at the other end of the state. He says his
part of the project, installing the radio equipment, is done, and he has
no plans to be on the ship or broadcast programs himself. Becker said he
was speaking to me from aboard the vessel in East Boston; the project
has plenty of money and is fully funded, ready to leave when the pilot
arrives (Glenn Hauser, REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING via WORLD OF
RADIO 917/ SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997)

MEXICO- Don't you believe the XERMX English schedule last week in Cumbre
DX and DXing with Cumbre. It was the summer version, and all the times
are now one UT hour later than given (WORLD OF RADIO 917)

MEXICO- The group who did the Encuentro DX and mailbag programs
previously on XERMX are trying to convince XEOI, 6010, Radio Mil, to
revive the programs on SW only, instead of duplicating MW 1000 all the
time. Listeners are asked to send reception reports to the station
asking for these in Spanish or English, and indicate quality of
reception at different times of day. Reports will be answered with QSL
and some station souvenirs. Send to XEOI Radio Mil, Apartado Postal
21-1000, 04021 Mexico DF, Mexico (via Hector Garcia B., WORLD OF RADIO
917/ SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997)

PERU- The new station on 7205.6v is Radio Paraton, noted Nov 12 before
1100 with Amaneciendo con Paraton, and after 1100 with Buenos Dias,
Hermano Campesino. The name doesn't make sense; tnx to Henrik Klemetz
for helping to identify it. We don't hear a location but think it may be
in northern Peru near the Ecuadorian border (Rafael Rodriguez, Bogota,
WORLD OF RADIO 917/ SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997)

PERU - 7205.6v The new peruvian station  noted by Bob Hill NU1449 and
Dave Valko in NU 1449 Supplement A, is RADIO PARATON, noted this morning
with pgm: Amaneciendo con Paraton  and after 1100 with pgm: Buenos Dias
Hermano Campesino. "... El campo y la ciudad unidos de la mano rumbo al
siglo XXI, en Radio Paraton las seis de la mañana con 24 minutos..."
That name doesn`t make sense. I received Henrik Klemetz Help for
identify, althuough don't listen QTH, He think  maybe in north Peru near
Ecuador border. (Rafael Rodriguez, Colombia)

PIRATE EUROPE - Radio Korak Int. will be on air with a special show made
for and by the listeners the first or second Christmas day/night, send a
postcard with your Christmas greetings to R.K.I., P.O.Box 134, NL-3780
BC Voorthuizen, Netherlands. (B.Pecolatto / Radiorama Pirate News Nov. #
3)

PIRATE EUROPE - Radio Brigitte Int. announces its  new frequency of 6474
kHz (B.Pecolatto / Radiorama Pirate News Nov. # 3)

SOLOMON ISL. - R. Honiara 5020 continue to be heard here,sometime with
pleasurable signal,at our latitudes is a authentical dx, reception
become possible since the s/on at 1900 (1855 open carrier) with drums,
Anthem and tlk in Pidgin and fade out usually after 1930-1935. Maximum
signal around 1915.   (Walter Mola, Fabrizio Magrone, Giampiero
Bernardini, Italy / Gatflash! # 110)

U S A- There has been some question whether WMLK is still operating, as
many of us seldom hear it on 9465. But Brian Alexander, not far away in
Pennsylvania, heard it Oct 31 at 0433 after AWR closed, and again at
0645, 0905 checks and *1700, but always weak and never on Saturday
(WORLD OF RADIO 917/ SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-21, Nov 13, 1997)

<  Marconi ha dato agli uomini un nuovo
modo di conoscersi, di aiutarsi, di
amarsi, quale nessun  poeta o scienziato
aveva mai immaginato.  >
                                                  Nuova Antologia

< La conoscenza e' la prima forma di liberta'. >
                                                       Giovanni Serra

< Un uomo che abbia qualcosa da dire
e non trovi chi l' ascolta,
se la passa male.