[HCDX]: Honduras logs

Message to the subscribers of Hard-Core-DX:

Just returned from a fantastic trip to Guatemala and Honduras. No time for listening except just for fun in the island of Roatan in Honduras January 15-17 on my half-defunct Sony ICF-7600D and no extra antenna. However, location seems very nice for AM and SW DX.

While I was gone, a QSL in from (hrd in Denmark) 1460 kHz WGNA Delmar, NY. V/s Mrs. Beverly Groth.

For what it is worth here a list of some of the stns ID'd, as illustration as to what could have been done with a good receiver and antenna - and time to listen. All heard fair to strong in AM mode. There was a huge amount of other stations on MW, including a large amount of Mexican stations, not listed below. It is good fun to listen down at the beach ....

590	R America, San Pedro Sula, HND
650	WSM Nashville, TN
670	WWFE Miami FL
700	WLW Cincinnati, OH
700	HRN HND //600, 660, 680, 690
720	R Caribe, La Ceiba, HND
720	WGN Chicago IL
740	KTRH Houston TX
750	WSB Atlanta GA
770	R Norte, San Pedro Sula, HND
800	R Mundial, San Pedro Sula, HND
820	WBAP Ft Worth TX
900	R Centro, La Ceiba, HND
950	R Cortes HND
960	R Utatlan HND
990	La T Grande, Monterrey, MEX
1040	Estereo Exitos HND
1130	KWKH Shreveport LA
1190	XERV R Villa MEX
1200	WOAI San Antonio TX
1210	XEBO R Centro MEX
1230	R Tela HND
1250	UNID, fair, ann "R Figuna" or "Siguna" (or similar) between otherwise non-stop tunes
1290	HRGS Christian R HND, ann'd 1200-1300 English, 1300-2100 Spanish
1310	LV Evangelica HND //4820
1320	R Bahia, La Ceiba, HND
1440	R Maranatha NCG
1440	HRRD HND ann's HRRD Radio San Isidro, not Dimension R
1490	R Portena, HND
1510	WLAC Nashville TN
1550	UNID Mex "R Lagar" (as heard), seemingly Chiapas area
1550	Cadena Cascutlan SLV
1560	R Consentida MEX
1570	R Vea GTM - also ann's Radio Voz Evangelica de America
1580	VOA Belize
1590	KYOK Houston TX
1590	R Triunfadora GTM
1590	Bonita AM MEX
1600	R Maria GTM
1700 	CMQ - heard whenever checked, even daytime

A survey of SW logs during same period will be in next DX-Window / Numero Uno.

73's  Finn