[HCDX]: Re:VACATION DXing......

This is the way I see it.Of course there is nothing wrong with
bandscanning when one is in some far away location .Many is the time
when I was in Mexico,British Columbia,or wherever...I would have a radio
on at night,and envy all the really cool DX possibilities.I would turn
to my significant other and say...."Geez,listen to all these really cool
stations I can receive here......there's really NO WAY to get these
stations up in Wisconsin,maybe if I was really lucky,but really NO
WAY.And never this clear.....hee,hee,wouldn't it be fun to write down
about 20 minutes of their programming,and go home in a day or two and
send them one of my Reception reports...." But then she turns to me and
asks...."What would the sense of that be..isn't your hobby as I
understand it, listening in YOUR radio room,on your receiver at home to
some station far away...and the thrill is saying to me...look on the
map,we're here,and this station is all the way over here.....!!"...And I
have to tell her she's right.....But it is a real hoot to listen to
locals on a car radio,that would be totally excellant DX if I was to
receive them on my NRD 525 in Wisconsin.I guess in the back of my mind,
when I hear the locals in Mexico,when I'm in Mexico,only serves to
challange me when I get back to Wisconsin to at least TRY and pick them
up from my radio shack.....!