Re: [HCDX]: KGXL-1650 full power?

At 07:33 AM 2/16/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I've noticed that KGXL has always had a much weaker signal than KXBT-1640,
>and I've seen info that they were running only at 250w.  This morning at
>0500Z they were quite strong and at the same level as 1640 for the first
>time.  Now at 1000w?

KGXL-1650 is licensed for 930 watts night but this shouldn't really
make a noticeable difference.  It's not known for sure why this lower
power but is speculated that they are diplexing into the 540 kHz
stations antenna which is much larger than needed for 1650 and is so
efficient that the power reduction was necessary to stay within their
license limits.

73/DX

Al-K 4 G L U
Chincoteague Island, VA