Re: [HCDX]: Nordic SW Center - NEW net address

Commenting on this, Sonny Ashimori wrote:
>1. You don't call it working when anything's down for several hours.
Admit it.

>2. Thank you for the enlightenment, that one owes no apology as long as
the
>others are just as imperfect. I don't agree with that.
>
>Hobby or work, with public activities comes responsibility to live up
>the promises you make, and if you can't, at least to offer an apology
>first, then explain.
>
>Sonny

Hi Sonny,

some comments:

1. I am checking the http://swl.sydsvenskan.se/ site regularly (about
once a day), I haven't had any trouble reaching it in the last days. So
the Shortwave Center is working, and it is working right at this moment.
You do not want to tell me that You are sitting behind Your computer all
day, checking if a web site isn't running, do You? (And, by the way:
There is a known bug with Netscape Communicator (4.0) on Unix systems.
The time out for checking an Internet address is far too short, so you
sometimes have to repeat pressing the link).

2. Please do have in mind that we all at the Nordic Shortwave Center do
our jobs on a voluntary basis and do it in our spare time, even Hermod
who is working for sydsvenskan.se. Speaking for myself, I would
apologize if there are errors in the editorial content, because that is
something I have direct influence on, but certainly not if a technical
error occurs, something that -- from a professional point of view --
occurs from time to time.

3. Last but not least: I am happy that there is a person who is running
his web site like this, for DXers.

73,

T h o r s t e n  K o c h

Internet Guide To International Broadcasters
http://swl.sydsvenskan.se/iguide/
EMail: iguidebc@xxxxxxxxxxx