[HCDX]: R. Tanzania Zanzibar

>TANZANIA - 11734 kHz, The Voice of Tanzania Zanzibar (thats the official
>name), QSL-letter (partial data), for a taped report in 28 days, verie
>signer was Abdulrah'man M.Said (for the director of the Voice of
>Tanzania Zanzibar), return postage was 2 IRCs, nice stamps on their air
>mail envelope. Some quotes : "The Management is very much happy with
>your report ....It is very unfortunate that at the moment we do not have
>a QSL-CARD [Isn't that the phrase from a lot of other stations, too?],
>but I hope this letter will serve the pupose [It does!]." "We have 178
>personnel. We run a 15 hrs transmitter every day from 6:00oclock to 9:00
>oclock in the morning and later on from 12:00 noon to 24:00 oclock
>midnight." "We have two transmitters, a 50 KW SW Transmitter and a 50 KW
>MW transmitter located 5 km apart." "Furthermore I would like to request
>yourself to do some printing of the said QSL-CARD WHICH ARE OF GREAT
>DEMAND HERE. We will be using the cards to answer back our listeners all
>over the world." [I'd wish, all stations would do this !]. Address : The
>Voice of Tanzania Zanzibar, Department of Broadcasting, P.O.Box 1178,
>Zazibar Tel: 31985/33718/32324 Fax: 31985 (M.Schoech, Germany)

As suggested in this message I have designed a QSL card for Radio Tanzania
Zanzibar (visible in the attached file). I have printed 100 pieces of them.
That was the easy part. Now the difficult one : how can I send them to
Zanzibar in a safe way. It is a common knowledge among DX'ers when sending
reception reports to third world countries to make the envelope not to
attractive by putting nice stamps on it or enclosing things that you can
feel. The chance that it is 'lost' is high. But when I'll sent a packet of
100 cards there is no doubt that it will attract attention. Is there
somebody here that can give me some advise on how to send the packet in a
more safer way to Zanzibar.

BTW : Radio Tanzania Zanzibar can be heard on 11734.1 kHz between 16.30 and
17.05 UTC. Only then the frequency is clear.

Guido Schotmans - Editor-in-Chief
DX-Antwerp, P.O.Box 16, B-2660 Hoboken, BELGIUM
e-mail : gs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx