Re: [HCDX]: (HCDX): Silent periods

Hi Stig,

>Of particular interest are silent periods of the German power houses - for
>instance DLF on 756.

Wished that bloody beast would shut off regulary. I'm living only 15 km away
from the Braunschweig transmitter, and I can tell you, it's a real nuisance!
Alas, I never noticed any regulary maintenance periods. Maybe they have a
standby transmitter?

Until recently I had hopes, that this old dinosaur might be taken out of
service someday soon. The transmitter is very old and spareparts are
difficult to get nowadays. But recently it was decided to replace the old
transmitter by a new one of 200 kW. And rumours say, that they want to
operate on 630 kHz from that site too. :-(

73's
Martin