Re: [HCDX]: excellent DX-night

>thanks to Thomas Berner and Hermod Pedersen, who informed about the imminent
>major solar storm (estimated planetary Kp-index =7 on August 27 at around
>01.00 UTC), I spent last night before my receiver. Regarding the results I
>feel very happy now, but also a little bit tired. Fortunately I haven't go
>to work this morning, because I'm still in holidays. There was an early
>opening towards South America and the Caribbean, but hardly anything from
>Central America. So Radio Quillabamba came in already at around 22.15 UTC.

Great list this, as this interesting info confirms the theory that solar
storms gives excellent signals from countries around the Equator (probably
due to the fact that most other signals are severely affected by the storm,
leaving more space for low latitude signals).
Many times I haven't the oppertunity to check these openings myself, so
other DXers info is of value.

What I wonder now is if anybody listened the following night (between Aug
27-28), as the A-index went up to a huge 80?
If so, how was the radio conditions?
Too mighty storms should obliterate most HF signals, even those on the
tropical bands.
The question to ponder is: what would be the best situation; at what storm
level is the lower latitude tropical band signals affected negatively?