Re: [HCDX]: Free 846 Khz from Rai - Italy.

Re: [HCDX]: Free 846 Khz from Rai - Italy.

>> I listened on 846 khz around 2300 and 0100 UTC: I heard a station with
>> continious music: moderate signal, but also moderate QSB. Did anybody ID-ed
>> this station?
>I was there,too, 22.50-01.10.  Non-stop automated music (abslolutely no
>id's) with interference from Radio Rossii after 0015.
>According to conditions this stn might have been South Africa which
>has been logged here a couple of times in Finland.
>Any more info?  Some people read this in South Africa.  Is 846 kHz
>automated music during night?
>
>> Max van Arnhem
>
>Jorma Mantyla

I have heard this South African station a number of times during the same
time period, although the last reception was more than a year ago.  The
format had always been soft rock and phone calls (some quite lengthy),
mainly in an African language.  The presenter after 2200 UTC I seem to
recall was always a woman...