Re: [HCDX]: Free 846 Khz from Rai - Italy.

Jean Burnell wrote:

> >> I listened on 846 khz around 2300 and 0100 UTC: I heard a station with
> >> continious music: moderate signal, but also moderate QSB. Did anybody ID-ed
> >> this station?
> >I was there,too, 22.50-01.10.  Non-stop automated music (abslolutely no
> >id's) with interference from Radio Rossii after 0015.
> >According to conditions this stn might have been South Africa which
> >has been logged here a couple of times in Finland.
> >Any more info?  Some people read this in South Africa.  Is 846 kHz
> >automated music during night?
> >
> >> Max van Arnhem
> >
> >Jorma Mantyla
>
> I have heard this South African station a number of times during the same
> time period, although the last reception was more than a year ago.  The
> format had always been soft rock and phone calls (some quite lengthy),
> mainly in an African language.  The presenter after 2200 UTC I seem to
> recall was always a woman...

Yep. I remember this one from the Newfoundland 3  in May of  '95 (I think it might
have been a NA first at the time.)

Here's the log:

     846   SOUTH AFRICA  R. Xhosa, Komga, 12 May 2315-2336, 2348-0003 -
     Phone-in pgm mainly in a local language but with occasional EE, hosted
     by a woman. On Braz-Bev and Southern-Bev, long, deep fades, but up to
     SIO 343

"You're outa here!" Remember fellas, George, Jean, and John?
--
Regards,
Werner Funkenhauser

The WHAMLOG Page: http://home.inforamp.net/~funk