Re: Sv: [HCDX]: DVB test broadcasts - Burma vs. Myanmar

Re: Sv: [HCDX]: DVB test broadcasts - Burma vs. Myanmar

Here is the explanation from an insider:

"The different between Burma and Myanmar is the same as different
between Germany and Deutscheland for example.  In Burmese, we call
"Myanmar" and in English, we call "Burma".  But the regime in Burma said
people need to be nationalistic and should not use a name given by
imperalists such as British.

There is also another theory that Burma represents only Burman and
doesn't include the rest of the ethnic groups in Burma while Myanmar
includes every groups.  But that is still subject to discuss and some
people argue it is the other way around.  I don't know.

People still call Burma but nothing to do with these argument just
becuase the regime is not represented by the people and they have no
right to change the name of the coutry.  Many governemnts still use the
name Burma even at the United Nations meetings.

You are right, many curious about this and I hope you understand what I
try to explain."

Hope this helps!

Ludo

--
     TDP                          Tel : +32 (3) 314 78 00
     c/o Ludo Maes                Mob : +32 (477) 477 800