[HCDX]: Last broadcast?

ST HELENA

I have just spoke to Mr Derek Richards about Saturday's Broadcast. The
presenter will be Mr Ralph Peters.
During the conversation I asked about next year's transmission -

"well said Derek, the Government faces some financial problems and the
budget may be cut for the Radio Station. This together with the old
transmitter, which status cannot be guaranteed by Cable&Wireless, means
that there will probably not be any transmission next year".

So, what will happen in the next Millenium? This year's broadcast maybe the
last one, at least on shortwave. We don't know how Internet will progress
in St Helena in next year as long as it costs 50 pence per minut to connect.

John Ekwall, Sweden

Last minute information on http://www,sthelena.se