Re: [HCDX]: 60 years ago to-day...

as a side note to this , WKBW Radio 1520 Buffalo, New York did a take off
of this infamous HG Wells presentation in the late 1960's or early 70's.
This version of War of the Worlds covered live newscasts of the Martians
crossing the Niagara River near Niagara Falls and destroying several oil
refineries , this broadcast (which went on all evening with live updates)
also caused quite a stir and flooded local police authorities with phone
calls with information on the Martian attack. The days of creative AM radio
are long gong so it seems.
73s jerry

Rémy Friess <rfriess@xxxxxxxxx> on 10/30/98 01:29:18 PM

Please respond to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx