RE: [HCDX]: Aerial inquiry on Tennadyne

> However - I would like to know if a Tennadyne LP aerial is suitable for
> DXing on the BC bands or is intended for use on the amateur bands only. I
> am considering the T6 model which is supposed to work from 14 - 30 MHz -
> but I only need it to work well on the 15-15.8 MHz, 17.5-17.8 MHz,
> 21.45-21.85 and 25.6-26.1 MHz spectrums and dont care at all about the
> amateur bands.

Stig, a LP is per se a wideband antenna. You don't get an ultra-high gain,
but a wide frequency range. So it should work on all frequencies in this
spectrum. But I can't tell you definitely, as don't know this type.

> Are there any good alternatives to a Tennedyne T6 ?  Any other
> brands of LP
> aerials around ??

The best you can get here in Germany is the Titanex DLP series. The DLP11
goes from 14-30 MHz without any gaps, costs around 1300 DM. And there is a
bigger version called DLP15, but I don't know the specs and price. But
beware: The DLP11 is a HUGE beast and the assembling and mounting isn't a
job for a lazy afternoon.

Nils Schiffhauer uses the DLP11, and I can tell you it's a phantastic
antenna!

73's
Martin