[HCDX]: KRVN Lexington NE

Nice sunset enhancement reception of  KRVN Lexington NE at 1733 EST
(2233 UTC) here in Guelph tonight. I wasn't even DXing --  just doing
some idle antenna adjustments, phasing my Kiwa against an experimental
snake-on-the-ground of some 70 feet, with my Icom R71A.

After nulling WCBS, and using the snake to phase the Kiwa with my MFJ
1025, I had a solid 20 minutes or so of  news, CST TCs, KRVN IDs, KRVN
News time slogans, local ads and Nebraska farm related PS announcements.
Gave way at 1750 EST to WCBS, but not after a couple more KRVN IDs
between a C&W music selections.

Not too common in these parts, and a long time since I've heard it. On
880, I usually hear KGHT Sheridan AR in similar circumstances, while
it's still running 50 Kw. NE was a bonus tonight. In the morning, with
WCBS reduced at my local sunrise, I've often heard CKLQ Brandon MB.
Similar and even easier, is WWFE Miami on 670 kHz. It's frequently heard
here at its local sunset, even on my RS bedroom clock radio.

It pays to park on specific frequencies, around sunset (or sunrise), to
catch the DX during these enhancements. Use your DX-edge, and follow the
terminator
--
Regards,
Werner Funkenhauser