[HCDX]: Beverage Antennas

Hi:

Raising a beverage and straightening it out abit can sure make a
difference.
I live on the Northern Oregon Coast of North America just North of
Seaside. I run two beverages along with other antennas.
One beverage runs at about 350 degrees to the NNW through the brambles.
With all the high winds we have on the North Coast in the Winter months,
quite often limbs and trees will blow down on top of the antenna in
places. I got out yesterday and pulled the wire from under trees, limbs,
brambles, and the like to straighten it out and it now runs about 5 feet
off the Ground, fairly straight. I gained about an S-Unit and the
directivity is sure better.
Tonight CX seem very AU, and I am getting some of the weaker interior BC
stations alone on the frequency off the Norhern Beverage like
CFLD-760-Burns Lake all alone. It isn't heard on any other antennas
including my 40' vertical. So the improvement did help alot. It will be
interesting to see when CX get better to the North. The beverage is also
terminated at the far end in swampy soil.
It pays to check the antennas once in a while. That is for sure!

73s,
Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR (USA)