Re: [HCDX]: Re: Beverages

My experience here on the Northern Oregon Coast have been that if I
raise the Northern Beverage from 2 or 3 feet to 5 feet the S-Meter goes
up abit, depending on the frequency. Not a lot, but some. I haven't
tryed anything about 8 or  10 feet though. It may have something to do
with how wet the soil is here in the coast. The antennas all run over
swampy soil. It is much dryer in the Summer months, but the water level
still is not that far down in the soil. I have tryed a beverage over dry
soil. I have not compared two beverages side by side either (running
North), but I do notice a little change in the overall gain of the
antenna by raising it abit.

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR