Re: [HCDX]: Re: Beverages

In a message dated 24/01/99, 02:19:55 p.m., hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<Now, with antennas, the same thing applies.  In most cases, you can't
tell the difference between a 200-foot longwire and a 600-foot longwire.
There will
always be exceptions.  But I'll bet you can tell the difference between a
50-foot longwire and a 1000-foot longwire!

Yeah! But suppose it were a FRACTAL BEVERAGE!!!

My theory in responding to questions about how long an antenna must be to
receive a certain station is as follows:

Extend an insulated wire from the antenna connection on your  receiver all the
way to the transmitter but do not connect it to the transmitting end; now
start cutting off 10 meter long  pieces from the transmitter side until the S
meter reads S-9 on the receiver, this should allow some fade margin. Sell the
excess cable for scrap.