[HCDX]: More Beverages and other antennas, please...

[HCDX]: More Beverages and other antennas, please...

David.....and the others on the list!

Yes....I agree with you and many others on list....this is a subject that
interests a great deal of dxers!

And since I started out the whole discussion on both the beverage and
groundings...I dont regret it a bit.  I think I have saved most of the inputs on
both subjects.
I did also posted some messages on rec.radio.shortwave...regarding new
newsgroups related to the same things we have been talking about for 2 weeks....

Newsgroups like: rec.radio.dx-antennas.....rec.radio.receivers...and others!

There is only ONE newsgroup related to shortwave.....and in this "bag"
everything is mixed up with
mw..sw..programming....utility...antennas...receivers.....and I've reacted
because...there are lots of newsgroups related to HAM and amateurs.....!

So....even if the main title of the mailing list is "Hard Core DX".....the
question is....where should we get our information and share our
questions....for.ex.......on antennas...tips on upgrading
receivers...experiencing new helping tools..I could mention a lot related to our
wonderful hobby....but since Risto is the owner of list,I would like to hear
some words from him.....

But to turn back to beverages again.....I dont think the length of a beverage is
so very important,
the main factor is....a good 100 or 200 meter will do well....compared to a
L-antenna....
The longer ...the more directivity....the front lobes get more narrowed...and is
that what we want?
Some have perhaps space for only one beverage...and it would be a little unwise
to erect a 600 or even a 1000 meter beverage...just to use a 10-15 degrees
lobe!!
I find my 285 meter beverage the best so far...but of course if we have the
space for several beverages...why dont we use it!!

Regarding other antennas....I sure would like to hear any using homemade or
commerical T2FD's,
how do these antennas perform...on f.ex. the tropical bands....(which I feel is
my weak point)!!
Ok....the beverage covers a lot upwards through SW....but are they optimal
regarding the tropical bands??

73's
Alf Aardal